publications + lectures
- Copley, N., Fischer, S., de Graaf, J., Harker, A., Kiers, H., and Muszynski, M., (March 8, 2023). Design Futurist Award Announced: Committee Shares Vision. Pacific Horticulture. https://pacifichorticulture.org/articles/design-futurist-award-announced-committee-shares-vision/
- Copley, N., & Harker, A. (2021, Summer). The Potrero Hill Eco-patch: An experimental framework for designing and gardening with native plants (Part 1 and 2). Pacific Horticulture. https://pacifichorticulture.org/articles/the-potrero-hill-eco-patch-part-1-of-2/
- Harker, A. Burnt Leaf AR. GROUND UP, 10 (Breathe). UC Berkeley Department of Landscape Architecture & Environmental Planning. Read more here.
LECTURES | TALKS | TOURS
- UC Berkeley College of Environmental Design. Landscape Architecture & Environmental Planning Department Lecture Series. “Experiments in Planting Design” – watch the recorded lecture here.
- UC Davis. Department of Human Ecology. LDA 183 – Planting Design Studio
- Conference Presentation: California Native Plant Society (CNPS) conference ‘Landscape Design with Native Plants’ session. “Biodiversity and aesthetics: The learnings from a San Franciscan native plant test garden.” Read more here.
- Merritt College. Department of Landscape Horticulture. LH 29 – Planting Design
- ‘Garden Dialogues’ tour of the Eco-Patch test garden and Sunset Boulevard test blocks, hosted by The Cultural Landscape Foundation. Co-presented with Jennifer Cooper and Solange Guillaume from San Francisco Public Works along with representatives from the CNPS Yerba Buena Chapter.
- UC Berkeley [IN]LAND. Lecture on meadow-making followed by a tour of the Lewis/ Rudraraju garden’s meadow. Read more here.
- SF Public Works Landscape Architecture Bureau. Presentation of the Eco-Patch planting strategies.
- 2023 Design Futurist Award Committee, Pacific Horticulture
- Awarded a California Small Business Development Grant
- Selection as a designer for East Bay Municipal Utility District’s Pilot low-water use landscape rebate program. Learn more here.
- Selection of the Lewis/Rudraraju Residence for the 2023 ‘Bringing Back the Natives’ Garden Tour